Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 3!!!

Well, it FINALLY feels real. Yesterday I got to experience my first show and wow, just wow. So interesting to be on this side of it. Halfway through the show I just thought wow, I'm here, how incredible. 

After the show kids asked for me to take pictures with them which I thought was funny/cool since yesterday was only my second day. Haha.

Yesterday as I was going down steps I tripped and twisted my ankle. Takara came up to the glass and just stared at me and started nodding her head up and down. Then she opened her mouth and stuck out her tongue and I did the same back to her. Such an amazing experience to have that one on one interaction. I totally forgot about my ankle haha!

Yesterday I also made my first real friend besides my roommate (he doesn't count). Haha. Darcy and I seem like we're going to get along great. She has been there for a while and we joke around with each other a lot. So I'm looking forward to having a friend there!

Today was a really fun day because again we had shows but we also got to have fun with the whales. We fed them ice and squirted them with hoses and gave them some toys. The whole staff that was there also jumped in the pool and had fun too. Really great day. 

Every day it feels better to be able to do a little more and contribute a greater amount. I hate standing there as the other apprentices run around crazy. Haha. But I'll get the hang of it and be able to help a lot too. Can't wait for my next day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment