Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm SORRY!

I know it's been forever! I've been very busy and honestly not too much worth blogging about going on. I've been working as much as they'll allow me to be there. Having a really good time and enjoying getting used to more and more and being able to contribute more every day. I've also spent more time hanging out with the Shamu people and other trainers. SeaWorld people are crazy fun and I love them haha!

SeaWorld also started the Summer Nights shows which are really great. Shamu's night show is "Shamu Rocks Texas" which is a really fun show. Lots of rock music, fire, and the whales just look so cool at night under spotlight. It's a really cool change of pace from our "Believe" show. 

So good news and bad news over the past two weeks. I'll start off with bad news so that we can end on the good news. 

A few days ago, I walk out to my car and find that it had been broken in to :(. My car was parked in the driveway, completely locked. Whoever it was used a slim jim to pop the lock and then stole my GPS and my book bag which had some SeaWorld stuff and my digital camera in it. I called the police but of course there's no chance of getting any of that back. It coulda been worse though, it's just stuff right?

Okay now the good news...we have a new baby!!! Below is an article from SeaWorld San Antonio's official blog about our new addition:

http://www.seaworldsanantonioblog.com/
June 13, 2009 by FranStephenson • 19 Comments » 

Crissy the beluga whale and her new calf

Crissy the beluga whale and her new calf

Crissy, a 25-year-old, 1,400-pound beluga whale, gave birth to a female calf at 5:45 p.m. last night in the main pool of SeaWorld San Antonio’s Beluga Stadium. The calf arrived at 5:45 p.m., after a short period of labor. She weighs approximately 90 pounds and is 4 feet, 7 inches long.

This is an exciting event for our team members and our guests, but the first days and weeks for a young beluga whale are critical.  SeaWorld’s Zoological Operations team monitors the mother and calf 24/7, watching for nursing behavior, regular respirations and other positive vital signs.

While mother and calf are bonding, “Viva!” Shows at the park’s Beluga Stadium will be cancelled temporarily.

We hope to hear from Chuck Cureau and his team as this story progresses.

For the community, Fran.


So that was a very cool experience! My family is coming in town for a week on Saturday so I'm very excited about that and them getting to see what I do. Still miss home and friends but trying to have fun here :) Update soon!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! An update. :) Counting the days til we see you. Happy about seeing all that you talk about every day. Can't wait to meet all the people there, too.

    I wonder how many pictures I can take of you doing what we dreamed you'd do all these years? Sigh...

    We'll get your stuff replaced and forget about that bad old break in. Shame on them!

    Love you! CanNOT wait!

    ReplyDelete